søndag 8. februar 2009

Fake Gazpacho

True Gazpacho requires a lot of work, love and seasonal high quality ingredients. This "fake" version is super simple (really I don't even think you can call this cooking - it's more like assembling), yet tasty.

You need:
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (I like to use the ones with green peppers, but any type goes)
  • Onion (1/2 to 1)
  • Garlic. Obviously no gazpacho without it.
  • Whatever veggies you have: green peppers, eggplant or zuchini all will work well (I recommend using two out of three, or only green peppers).
  • A little sugar (the tomatoes are bound to be a little too sour otherwise).
  • Black pepper, cayenne pepper.

You do:

Now, this is the beautiful part: Chop the veggies, sautee them for a lil' while in a frying pan, throw 'em in the blender, add tomatoes, sugar and spices, puree aaaaand it's done!

The point is that this is super easy and you can hardly go wrong (as you may have noticed, I didn't tell you how much of each ingredient to use - I just take whatever I have available and it has always worked out!)

Ingen kommentarer: